Dr. P. Balakrishna Shetty, MD, DNB (Radiology)
Chief of Radiology, ISHA Diagnostics
Fellow in Paediatric Radiology, University of Texas.
Vice Chancellor, Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education. (Deemed to be University), Tumkur, Karnataka, India
- Dr Balakrishna Shetty completed his Medical Education (MBBS) (1986) in Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He did his masters degree (MD) in Radio diagnosis (1989) from the prestigious Kasturba Medical College Manipal. He was awarded the Diplomat of National Board in Radiology (DNB) in 1990.
- Dr. Shetty, continued his further studies in Radio Diagnosis at University of Texas, USA where he was awarded Paediatric Radiology Fellowship in the year 1994. He is also one of the very few Foreign Medical Graduates to got the Fellowship in Body Imaging from Baylor College of Medicine.
- In 1995 Dr. Shetty was appointed as faculty in Paediatric Radiology, at Children Hospital, Montréal, Canada. However he came back to India joined as Chief of Radiology at Medinova Bangalore.
- From 1995 – 2005 Dr.Shetty worked as Chief of Radiology at reputed Hospitals in Bangalore such as Narayana Hrudayalaya, St Johns Medical College and Kempegowda Medical College.
- In 2006 he took over as the Chief of Radiology at ISHA Diagnostics Center in Malleshwaram Bangalore. He is concentrating predominantly on Health Check Up and Early Cancer Diagnosis. He is known in the International arena for developing the MR PET technology for early detection and staging of Cancer without Radiation.
- Dr. Shetty is involved in various Research Activities in the field of Whole Body Cancer Imaging by MR PET, Breast cancer, Lung cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancer, Renal Cancers, Uterine Fibroids, and Stem Cell Imaging and rare Muscular Dystrophy.
- He has several Scientific Publications for his credit. He is very well known for his guest lecturers not only in India but also in USA, Malaysia and Middle East.