Dr.Nanda Kishore Alva, MBBS, MD(Pathology)
Chief of Pathology, ISHA Diagnostics
Professor of Pathology, Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
Former Sr. Resident, JIPMER, Pondicherry.
Visiting Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA.
- Dr. Nanda Kishore Alva completed his MBBS from Mysore Medical College Mysore and did his MD Post graduation in Pathology from JJM Medical College, Davanagere.
- Completed his senior residency and training in Oncopathology from the prestigious Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Sciences, JIPMER, Pondicherry from the year 1998 to 2001.
- He was a visiting fellow in Head and Neck Oncopathology in Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA in the year 2012.
- Having more than 18 years of experience in diagnostic pathology with special interest in oncopathology and haematooncology. In the year 2006, Dr. Alva established department of laboratory medicine and took over as Director and Chief of Pathology at ISHA Diagnostics, Bangalore.
- He has published and presented several research papers in the field of cytology, the best of which was his study on 300 cases of Salivary gland tumors which bagged the NBT National Award for best research paper in national conference of cytology in the year 1999. Dr. Alva has delivered several guest lectures across the country in the field of oncopathology.
- Got awarded for being a part of the best twinning programme in haemophilia which was conferred in Melbourne, Australia, in the world congress of Haemophilia 2014. The twinning programme was executed between Haemophila centre Davangere and Alder Hay Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Dr. Alva is also serving member as Vice President, Karnataka Haemophilia Society, one of the philanthropic organization, which is established for the cause of poor hemophilia patients across the state.
- Dr. Alva also had served as Hon. Secretary to Karnataka Chapter of Indian Association of Pathologist and microbiologists from the year 2006 to 2012 and he was actively involved in organizing various regional, national and international conferences for the cause of continued medical education.
- Dr. Alva as attended several international conferences related to medical research in Pathology in United States, United Kingdom, Argentina, Brazil, Vietnam, Paris, Vietnam, and UAE.